January 31, 2014

January 2014: Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Jill:  Engaging and funny - I really enjoyed this book.  The style was a nice break from the norm. 

Holly:  First non-sad book I've loved in a long time.

Aday:  Interesting, but a little far-fetched for me.   Comme ci comme ça.

Barb:  A somewhat entertaining read (I mostly enjoyed the brilliantly rendered "volunteer mom" stereotypes) but in the end I could not suspend my disbelief long enough to really enjoy the book.

Chari:  I loved it!  Thought very fun, interesting characters and I liked the unique writing style.

Rebecca:  Mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed the writing style and witty banter, but the entire story became so implausible that I lost interest. So so for me.

Amanda:  This was a very different kind of present-day fiction.  I really disliked a lot of the characters, but was that the intent? I am having trouble deciding if I liked it or not. 



No comments: