November 23, 2010

January 2011: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

"The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Stieg Larsson

Only now, with the publication of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the third novel in the late Stieg Larsson's immensely popular Millennium trilogy, can we fully appreciate the Swedish writer's achievement. The trilogy ranks among those novels that expand the horizons of popular fiction…the novel fully lives up to the excellence of the previous two and…brings the saga to a satisfactory conclusion. -- Patrick Anderson (The Washington Post)

Kerry: I enjoyed this series of books, but I found the last book in the trilogy to be the slowest. You have to read it to finish the trilogy but it plod along quite slowly and the ending was not as exciting as I had hoped.

Stephanie: So-so wrap up of the first two books in the series. A little tedious and not much new action.

Jen S.: Book 1 = great! Book 2 = good. Book 3 = fair. I'm glad I read it, but it definitely didn't have the same speed, interest or newness of the previous two books.


Aday: I'm going to wait for the movie.

No comments: