September 20, 2010

October 2010: The Bad Seed


"The Bad Seed" by William March

What happens to ordinary families into whose midst a child serial killer is born? This is the question at the center of William march's classic thriller. After its initial publication in 1954, the book went on to become a million–copy bestseller, a wildly successful Broadway show, and a Warner Brothers film. The spine–tingling tale of little Rhoda Penmark had a tremendous impact on the thriller genre and generated a whole perdurable crop of creepy kids. Today, The Bad Seed remains a masterpiece of suspense that's as chilling, intelligent, and timely as ever before. --From the Publisher

Holly: Good in an old-fashioned way. I hope my kids are good seeds.

Kasey: I thought it could've been better. I expected it to be scarier and it was hard to relate to any of the characters.

Aday: A quick, easy read, but not as scary as I hoped it would be.

Jen S.: I liked the 1956 movie ending better than the book ending.

Mary: I didn't read the book but the movie ending was fabulous!

No comments: