October 29, 2013

October 2013: The Light Between Oceans


Kerry:  I really enjoyed this book, maybe because it was about such a different life than my own.  I enjoyed learning about lighthouse living, Australia living, and the choices that this family made.

Amanda:  Enjoyable read and clever story.  I ran the gambit with Isabel--I loved her, then I hated her.  Complex characters written well.

Sowders: Character development was lacking for me... or rather, I just didn't like any of the characters.

Chari:  Thought setting was interesting but could not empathize with the main characters. The adoptive mother's personality was completely annoying.

Shannon:  It was interesting in the beginning, but I became bored as it went on.

Aday:  It was an interesting story, but the kind of book where you can't wait for it to end.

No comments: